1. Target group for the prizes?
Ans: F.1 to F.5 students in whole-day secondary schools in Hong Kong
2. What prizes are to be given in this scheme?
- All participants would be awarded a certificate of attendance from the organizer.
- Each prizewinner would be awarded a scholarship of HK$5,000 and prize certificate. (Quota: 40)
- Judging committee could award prizes to students with outstanding performances in various extended learning activities.
- At most three prizewinners could be recommended by our judging committee and sponsored within the following year to attend local or overseas youth forums or international competitions. Prizewinners could choose activities of their own choices but must be approved by the scheme committee of their eligibility for their sponsorship. The actual amount of sponsorship would be determined according to the needs of the activities joined by prizewinners with maximum amount of sponsorship offered to each prizewinner not exceeding HK$20,000
3. What are the assessment and selection criteria for the scheme?
- Participants must be full time whole-day secondary school students.
- Participants must be nominated by the principal of his/her school and supported by his/her parent or guardian; (At most 2 students could be nominated by each school)
- Participants must fill in a form (about 800 words) of introducing themselves with respect to their personal and holistic development (leadership, creativity, talents and social services) in which experiences and achievements in the past and the ways they intend to use the scholarship could be shared.
- Participants could include attachments in their registration forms to justify judges’ recommendation.
- The judging committee would select outstanding ones from participants for stage two assessment and selection
- All participants entering into stage two must attend assessment and selection process and would be informed individually by the organizer.
- The names of participants entering into stage two would be published on the organizer’s website on 2ndMay 2014
- Dates of assessment and selection:
24th May 2014 (Time and venue to be announced later)
7th June 2014 (Time and venue to be announced later)
- Assessment and selection criteria based on the results of participants’ “case analysis” and “interviews”; Participants entering into the stage two must complete the assessments specified by the organizer according to the specified date and time.
- Assessment includes four major areas: leadership, creativity, talents and social commitment.
- Assessment would be done according to participants’ overall performances
Judging committee would select 40 prizewinners from participants in stage two
4. Methods of registration?
Ans：Participants should fill in the registration form (registration forms are available at the following address: QualiEd College, 2, Kan Hok Lane Tseung Kwan O or Pak Kau College, 51 Tin Wah Rd, Tin Shui Wai, N.T., Hong Kong; or download from the website of the scheme), together with a self-introduction article (about 800 words) or supporting documents for assessment and selection (if any), and mail them to QualiEd College (fax number: 27069906) or Pak Kau College (fax number: 24471924)
5. When is the deadline of registration?
Ans： 12th April 2014 (Saturday)
6. Ways of enquiries?
Phone: 2448 2960 Pak Kau College Miss Chan Hoi Yee / 2706 6969 QualiEd College Chief Executive Master Miss Leung Man Wa